Some own matlab script and functions I found usable. (All are freely usable under the
gnu public license). Most of these are only marginally described within the M-File
itself (some in english, others in german and still other with a mix of both languages).
Comments, bug reports or improvements please to user "holfort" at npolar.no or to
user "juergen" at holfort.org.
- SEABIRD reading and plotting program
With HTML decription in english and
Needs the seawater library (sw_?) from
The M file sberead from this package can also be used as standalone to read binary and ascii CNV files
(as for example from a 9-11 CTD or fram Seacats or Microcats). "SBschreib" can then be used to writes data
back into the CNV format.
- Aanderaa reading program. Reads ascii and binary DSU data from Aanderaa RCM's and DCM's.
There are three files: RCMlese.m is the main reading program, which calls
aandread.m to read out the calibrations coefficents from a file called
aandcalibrationsheet.txt. A short description
(although still a mix of german and english) can be found in the files.
- mlrint, does a multiple linear regression to interpolate data.
More general purpose M-Files
- Time and date functions
- zeitdecode.m decodes a date (and time) from a string and outputs the julian day.
similar to datevec but handles some additional formats. Needs iles.m.
- timeaxis.m put a date axis on the x or y axis. The numbers on that axis can be in days, minutes, seconds, etc.
Needs dayjulian.m , julianday.m .
- date_transform.m transfroms values from one dateformat (e.G. minutes since 23.5.1963) into
another (e.G. years or days since 3-Nov-1512).
- dayjulian.m gives the date (e.g. 23.2.2005) of a given julian day.
- julianday.m converts a date into a julian day number.
- Geographical functions
- posdecode: decodes geographical positions from a text string
- lon_tr: transforms longitudes (or all 0-360degree data) so that values fit the
actual plot window or are in -180to+180 respective 0-360 scale.
- inlon: determines if input value is in between maximum and minimum longitude
irespective of scale (-180-+180 or 0-360).
- lag_cor.m, makes one or several lagged correlations between two time series (which can have
- plmeanx.m, calculates (and plots) a mean curve with standard deviations through given points.
- pfeil.m, draws interactivly an Arrow, which can be bend, etc..
(pfeil is german for arrow).
- iles.m reads integer values out of string. Needed for some M-files.